I took my neighbor boy (we will call him Joe) with me to deliver our Christmas Jar. I figured he had much younger and faster legs than I do and he could easily escape once he rang the doorbell! As we drove to the house I told him about the family we were donating our jar to! He was so excited he could hardly wait to get there!
We parked on a side street, turned off the headlights but kept the car running for an easy get away! We snuck through the neighboring yards and I carried the jar up to the door. I handed the jar to Joe but he refused to take it! He and I stood there arguing over who was going to place it on the front porch! I wanted him to do it but he was too nervous! I finally gave in and climbed the two front steps while he watched from below. I placed the jar by the front door and rang the doorbell. There was immediate chaos from within the house. Dogs barking, feet running. As I turned to run, I forgot there were multiple steps and fell off the front porch, wrenching my back. Thank goodness for a tree that was not far from the step because I went head first into the trunk! If it hadn't been there, I would have fallen face first on the ground and I would have been found out! As I struggled to regain my balance, I saw Joe up ahead and heard him screaming run! run! run! It was all I could do to stand up straight!
We jumped in the car and took off out of the neighborhood! Joe was giggling from the back seat and then I heard him say, "That was awesome, that was so much fun"!
No comments:
Post a Comment